Advanced Search
Screen Reader users press enter to Limit by category.  Limit by category
Search Tips

When can I apply for an advance payment?

Answer ID 598   |    Published 01/17/2002 12:19 PM   |    Updated 10/21/2015 03:11 PM
When can I apply for an advance payment?

You may apply no sooner than 120 days prior to the semester's first day of classes, and no later than 45 days prior to the first day of classes. Check the University's Academic Year Calendars to determine the semester's first day of classes. To apply you must be enrolled at least half time. Also, you must allow for a 30-day break between terms in order to be eligible for advance payment.

At U of M full-time status is:

  • 12 hours for undergraduate students 
  • 9 hours for graduate students

Contact Veterans Educational Benefits & Certification (003 Wilder Tower; 901.678.2996) for more information on eligibility requirements and forms.


Please tell us how we can make this answer more useful.